Thursday, February 19, 2009

Deathwish

It has been two days now since my Tito Emmil was laid to rest. You see, he passed away last February 15, 2009 finally succumbing to the complications of ACUTE NECROTIZING PANCREATITIS. We will miss him of course, but no one will miss him more than my Tita Sonia, her wife.

Tita Sonia loved her dearly. She was the epitome of a perfect wife for Tito Emmil. She never left her side during the two weeks he was at the ICU battling for his life. She took care of him when he was alive. If only for Tita, Tito Emmil lived a happy and glorious life.

"Tita, my condolences to you, be strong and we love you."

In this light (since I have been having feelings about my own imminent demise, God forbid!) I reflected upon the things I wanted to be done to me once I'm already lifeless and here they go.

1. If I die abruptly, as in, in an accident, I want to donate my corneas and my heart ONLY as I feel they are the healthiest part of me.

2. If I'm dying slowly in my death bed and I go into a coma, I want all the medications being given to me to be stopped. No point sustaining my life if I can not see the people I love.

3. The last person I would like to see before I die would be my mom. If I go to hell, at least, an ANGEL would be the last one I'd see.

4. I would like a three-day wake then I'd like to be cremated during twilight. The thought of worms eating my body just grosses me out. At least, if I burn, I'd be like the Human Torch. :)

5. During my wake, I want it to be festive. Lots of food and merriment. I want everybody to have fun. Have a concert on the last day of my wake. Have people gamble. Make it like Las Vegas. But, it will only start at 9pm 'cause I want to have a mass for me by my friends, Fr. Sonny, Fr. Jojo and hopefully, Fr. Patrick at 6pm for every day of my wake.
6. I want happy colors for my wake. Black and gray are a no-no. White can be excused as long as it is printed. Yellow, red and navy blue would make me happy.
7. I don't want no Eulogies.
8. On the day I am going to be buried, I want to have a mass for me again by my friends then, right before my coffin gets closed, I only want one person to speak on my behalf to thank the people I cared about and who cared enough, my little sister Atty. Claudette Tolentino.
9. I only want 6 people to carry my casket. They will be my pallbearers. Dr.Bonifacio Battallones, Dr.Shearwin Soyao, Dr. Angelo Adraneda, Dr. Alferrie de Guzman, Engr. Renier Galvez and Engr. Erald Magbitang. No more, no less. Make sure they are there.
10. I don't want anybody crying during my burial. I just want a prayer and a wish for me to have a safe journey. I don't want to carry sadness with me to the afterlife. Crying can be done before the burial, in private, but not during my cremation. I hope that's clear. Anybody who shed's a tear will see me that night. I promise. 'Am gonna tug at your leg.

So far, these are only 10 requests. This list may change in time as I grow older. Hopefully. But, as of the moment, if I die in the very near future, these are all I want. These will make me happy.

For Tito Emmil, I hope you found peace with Him. I hope you are already there in the happy place we so fervently work to get to. We will miss you. We'd take care of Tita, I promise you that. Have a safe journey and say hi to papa Jesus for me...

3 comments:

Nysa Tolentino said...

hala! may ganyan po kayo?!
nainspire ka ba sa eulogy ni ate daye sa para kay tito emil? hehe!
bawal akong takutin, may sakit ako sa puso.. kaya di mo po ako mapipigilang umiyak.. wahaha!
unfair ka kay tito rading at ate kaye, wala silang participation..
naiyak na ko... pasaway na blog ito!

daye said...

Natouch naman ako ako pa napili mo...pero baka di ko mapigil umiyak...basta wag mo ko takutin..

pero keep your worries away about death...hala! you will still be the coolest senior citizen in another 30 years...

Love you!

anonymous said...

Pare, di ba color blind ka? Nakakatakot ang blog mo.. hindi sya inspiring!